Collection of PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE Information
We collect PII from you when you provide PII to us through the Platforms or by submitting your information to us offline by email, written, or oral communication or in connection with the Services. The Rescue Mission defines “PII” or “personally identifiable information” as information that identifies you as an individual and may include, but not be limited to, your name, address, telephone numbers, and email addresses. PII is also defined to include giving information, information on events attended and information provided by donors, volunteers and friends in the form of comments or suggestions.
The Rescue Mission collects and stores PII provided to us voluntarily. You may provide PII to
use when you:
- Use or access our Platforms or the Services;
- Complete forms on the Platforms or in connection with the Services;
- Make requests through the Platforms or the Services;
- Request information or contact us, including by email;
- Sign up for the Rescue Mission email information updates;
- Sign up to be a volunteer, either via our Platforms, over the telephone, via email, mail or in person;
- Register for Rescue Mission event(s);
- Make a donation, whether that donation is made via the Platforms, over the telephone, or via email, mail or in person or in connection with the Services.
However, this is a sample only of how PII may be provided to and collected by the Rescue Mission; we may collect PII in ways not expressly provided for in the Policy.
Use of PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE Information
We will use the PII to:
- Provide you with access to the Platforms, Services and to administer your inquiries;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- Present information, including about various events and our Services, to you when you
use the Services that we believe may be of interest;
- Enable us to contact you, including in response to any question you make through the
Platforms or the Services;
- Analyze the use of the Platforms and/or to improve our Platforms and/or Services;
- For other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION:
The Rescue Mission values both the generosity and privacy of its volunteers, donors and friends
and, as a result, the Rescue Mission will not:
- Sell, rent, or trade PII collected through the Platforms or Services unless given specific permission to do so;
- Send correspondence, advertisements or any other mailings on behalf of any entity other than the Rescue Mission.
- We may, however, make certain PII available to our trusted third parties that work with us to facilitate and/or support the Platforms or Services.
We may also need to disclose PII to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, or search warrant, in the course of any legal proceeding, including, but not limited to, civil, criminal or administrative, or in response to law enforcement or other governmental agency requests or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our
rights. In addition, if there is a change of control in the Rescue Mission’s business, your information could be transferred as part of that transaction and your PII potentially used by the recipient of the PII.
Your California Privacy Rights
As described above, from time to time, we make your PII available to third parties. If you do not want us to share your PII with third parties, you may opt-out of this information sharing by emailing the Rescue Mission at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at Allentown Rescue Mission, Inc. 355 W. Hamilton Street, PO Box 748, Allentown, PA 18105. This notice is designed to comply with California's "Shine the Light" law, but the opt-out option is available to all users of our Platforms or Services.
This Policy may be amended from time to time for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to our Policy by posting the new Policy on our Platforms. Unless otherwise noted, any changes to this Policy will take effect immediately upon being posted to our Platforms. Your continued use of the Platforms or the Services following a change in the Policy represents your affirmative consent and agreement to the new Policy to the fullest extent permitted by law. We encourage you to periodically visit our Platforms to review this Policy for any changes to it.